No. 6 (RCAF) Group was created on October 25th, 1942 by Canadian Government "Order in Council", and was designated a "Strategic and Tactical Bombing Unit", operating within the Royal Air Force Bomber Command. Eight existing RCAF Bomber Squadrons; then operating within other RAF Bomber Command Groups, were designated to be the nucleus of the new No. 6 RCAF Group.
No. 6 (RCAF) Group was formed at RAF Linton-on-Ouse Air Station, Yorkshire, Eng., on October 25th, 1942, and Group Headquarters was moved to Allerton Park, Yorks.; the former of home of Lord Mowbray -on December 6th, 1942. Allerton Park was 22 miles northwest of the City of York - near the town of Knaresborough, Yorks. No. 6 (RCAF) Group was declared 'Operational' on January 1st, 1943, and the first Squadron Operations by No. 6 (RCAF) Group were flown on January 3rd/4th, 1943.
No. 6 (RCAF) Group grew in strength as the allocated RAF Stations became available or were completed; and as new RCAF Squadrons were created or transferred to the Group Command. The initial eight Squadrons grew to be fourteen Squadrons.
The following archive contains a variety of documents created by 6 Group Headquarters including their Operational Record Books (ORB's) or daily diaries.
Allerton Park 2 1943-10 to 1944-02
Allerton Park 3 1944-02 to 1944-05
Allerton Park 4 1944-05 to 1944-09
Allerton Park 5 1944-09 to 1944-12
Allerton Park 6 1944-12 to 1944-02
Allerton Park 7 1945-02 to 1945-04
Allerton Park 8 1945-04 to 1945-08